Saturday, October 4, 2008

The coconut tree & the leafy tree..

My office space in the corner is a nice place comparatively as there are only two windows on my floor and majority of the people do not sit beside the windows. For most of us here the weather remains the same whole day. Once we enter office and hit our floor, it's the same whether day or night. So I'm privileged to have this cubicle that is right next to the window, the only way to look at the outside world from this confined place. Sometimes...people ask me from a distant what's the weather like? is it gonna rain? etc.. and i give the weather updates :)Right outside the window I see a tall coconut tree & another leafy tree [I don't know which tree this is but it has lots of leaves on it]. And the two act as a stress buster for my eyes during those long days at office, when everything inside seem to look stale ...the computer, people, work, Internet ..everything!!! It is during such times when I go through restless, monotonous and suffocated feelings that I just look outside at these two dear friends...who really help me calm down. I glare & stare for sometime at the trees , every swinging branch, and the leaves on them. When it's windy they all swing and make it look so lively. It feels like all the leaves and branches are swaying at me, singing loudly for me to cheer me up. Now am not so fond of coconut and a lot of things to do with coconuts, but I kind of feel very attached to this tree outside my window. I feel like we communicate without words many times.. the two lovely trees are always standing there to watch me. When am bored, stressed and feeling low they just wait for me to look at them. And when I look at them they say "Hey girl..cheer up" and dance like the pompom girls/cheerleaders when it's breezy...and when it's not windy they just send out those calm soothing energy to me.If someday I don't see them here, I'll surely miss them. I can see them standing outside right now. If someday I leave this place...I better thank them for making life easier for me here and for their unconditional support :)
-Snow

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

snow, i wish there was a way we could say thanks to ALL the people, the things, the trees, nature and everything - before we die...